Monday, April 18, 2016

Details on Iran’s attempts to abduct pilot who fled to Turkey



Plot to kidnap runaway Iranian pilot in Turkey (file photo)

The Saudi-based Al Arabiya TV aired new details of an attempt by two Iranian Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS/VEVAK) agents in Turkey to abduct a pilot, Major Ahmed Reza Khosravi.
“Due to the difference in beliefs I had with the establishment, and because I did not believe in the system, and due to my occupation I was forced to do things my commanders asked me to do, including taking part in religious ceremonies that I had no belief in. I was also against the state’s policies, because these policies are based on deluding the people, duplicity and lies. Another issue that led to my resignation and fleeing from Iran was that all my work, personal life and anything I said was always controlled and under surveillance. I had no freedom in my personal life and even my wife’s telephone was under surveillance. I was truly bothered by these measures,” he said in this regard.


This pilot said about the MOIS/VEVAK attempt to kidnap him, “The whole story began as MOIS/VEVAK agents, through their surveillance over my wife’s phone, learned in which city we lived and where I worked at. One day when they intended to abduct me the Turkish police called me, telling me to go home quickly and not to come out until they inform me… police arrested two individuals who sought to abduct me, and to this end they summoned me to court and the judge showed me two passports, asking me do I recognize the men? The judge went on to say they had a picture of you in their pockets and claim you owe them money, and they are your friends who have come to ask for their money be returned. I told the judge that I didn’t recognize them. They even played a recorded voice of an individual by the name of “Haji”, asking me do I recognize him or not. His voice I did recognize, but I did not recall his name. Based on the two kidnappers’ confession, Haji had given them money to kidnap and return me to Iran. Turkish police had even found supplies in their possession needed for the abduction such as rope, tape and drugs needed to make a person unconscious. All of this ended in a ruling of 6 years and 8 months behind bars issued for each of the two individuals.”

“When the Islamic republic learned about me fleeing Iran they began negative propaganda against me, accusing me of spying, opposing the system and being a hypocrite. This made me so angry that I said yes, I am a spy, I am against the mullahs’ regime, and I am against your religion and your establishment, and I will do anything I can against you and I hate you and your policies, and it is not important for me what you accuse me of. I am happy with the fact that I have delivered this major blow against you,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment