Monday, February 1, 2016

Iran: Letter by political prisoner Mohammad Ali Mansouri from Gohardasht Prison

  

Gohardasht prison in Karaj 

Providing any help to prisoners is considered a measure against national security in the government of Rouhani and the Larijanis.
My name is Mohammad Ali Mansouri, and I have been in prison for 9 years. All those who have been in prison for some time know the horrible conditions inside the jails in Iran, how prisons have turned into very profitable institutions, and only those able to come up with the expenses of food, clothing, medicine, medication and … can survive.


The prisoners are now forced to pay for even all the construction work, such as repairing water pipes, piping, air ventilation, electricity, water heater, air conditioners, electric heaters and … even opening clogged sewage pipes for the showers and sinks, or repairing a water leak from the cell ceilings.
This has left the prisoners in need of help. Therefore, many of the prisoner have helped out their fellow cellmates. However, one cannot even deposit any money in a prisoner’s account (because they have a bank accounts). Prison authorities also take a high percentage of the money being sent to the prisoners and …
In ward 4 of Rajaie Shahr Prison of Karaj (west of Tehran) there are many prisoners who provide support for their fellow cellmates while in prison, and even after being released from all over the globe… I, like others, provided my share of the help because I, too, was in prison before and many of my donations were sent through my son, Alireza Mansouri…
Now the mullahs’ agents in Iran have arrested me for this very reason, thrown me into solitary confinement and placed me under interrogation, asking why I have a joint bank account with my wife? Why am I sending money to various prisoners and why are those in prison sending money for their families outside of prison through you? It is worth noting that some of these prisoners make hand-made objects and carry out various services, gathering up some money and sending them to their families. However, this money is never even more than a simple worker’s monthly salary…
Now, I am first speaking with my fellow Iranians and then all those noble people across the globe and human rights organizations, including the United Nations Human Rights Council, Amnesty International, Reporters Without Borders and … along with all the Islamic institutions and organizations, and anyone having any humanitarian and Islamic and religious concerns, I am calling upon everyone, asking in your opinion, what should we do?? The Iranian regime even considers helping another human being a crime, and jails anyone with a generous heart.
One example is my son, Alireza Mansouri, who has been arrested for this very reason…!!! They probably consider his measures as against national security…??!! However, I am announcing to all officials of this regime that if helping prisoners is a crime, then I am a criminal who has seen other prisoners’ needs and asked my son to do this job on my behalf and …

Mohammad Ali (Pirouz) Mansouri
Rajaie Shahr Prison of Karaj

January 31, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment