Saturday, January 23, 2016

Iran: political prisoner writes open-letter to UN rights rapporteur



Dear Dr. Ahmed Shaheed,
United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Iran
My name is Mohammad Ali Mansour and it has been nearly 10 years that I have been in prison. My daughter, Iran Mansouri, has taken measures in my defense, including her interview and meeting with yourself. Considering the fact that she is not in Iran and I am in prison, in the early morning hours of Tuesday, January 19th, a number of unknown individuals raided the residence of my son, Alireza Mansouri, without providing any names or saying to what intelligence, security or judiciary organ they belong to. This attack took place while my son’s wife and their 18-month old son were completely terrified. These individuals confiscated a large amount of my son’s personal items and documents. Another group of these individuals, again without providing any names, attacked my son’s workplace and arrested him. Without providing any reason, previous warning or even summoning him, but resorting to insults, profanity and security threats, and even asking why does he have a joint bank account with his wife? Or why do you talk to everyone about your father who is a political prisoner? Why? Why? Why? The main allegation raised is the interview (aimed at saving me) my daughter had with yourself as the only official whom all Iranians are pleading to. Bogus charges such as a “joint bank account with a spouse”, “sending money for a jailed father” and even sending clothing and medicine into prison. These are only excuses to take vengeance for the report about my daughter’s interview with you because she is not at their reach, and they are instead targeting her brother and myself.
Once again, since there is no true entity in Iran to seek justice, I am urgently asking for your help.
Respectfully,
Mohammad Ali Mansouri

Transcript to:
Amnesty International
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

Reporters Without Borders

No comments:

Post a Comment